CORONAVIRUS COVID19 STATEMENT TO PATIENTS
The providers at Downtown Women OB/Gyn want to take a moment to update you regarding the recent Coronavirus (COVID19) situation we are all facing.
As your healthcare partner, we want you to know that your safety is our top priority.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF:
Coronavirus spreads through contact with respiratory droplets caused by coughing and sneezing. You should be using the same prevention methods as you would to avoid a common cold or the flu. The best ways to protect yourself include:
Because it is still cold and flu season, symptoms are still much more likely to be a cold or the flu rather than the coronavirus. As with the flu, most people who get coronavirus only experience mild viral symptoms such as fever, cough, muscle pain or weakness, and fatigue, and will experience a complete recovery.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS:
If you are in respiratory distress, call 911. If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms of respiratory infection, see your primary care physician or go to your nearest Urgent Care Center.
The most Up-To-Date information can be found on the CDC website. Links to this and other information can be found below and on the Downtown Women website www.downtownwomen.com
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP ALL PATIENT SAFE
Please be reassured that at all times this office has practiced universal precautions based on CDC recommendations. We are following the CDC and DOH guidelines to limit the spread of the virus including. The Extra Steps are, but are NOT limited to:
· Our common areas are thoroughly wiped down and disinfected multiple times a day
· Our frequently shared items are thoroughly wiped down and disinfected
· We have removed newspaper and magazines
· We have placed extra hand sanitizers around the office
We are keeping abreast of CDC and DOH to stay as informed as possible.
We encourage you to remain calm and use the following resources from New York Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to prepare and prevent the spread of infection.:
· NY DEPT OF HEALTH CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: 1-888-364-3065
· NYS DOH WEBSITE: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
· CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION: WEBSITE: HTTPS://WWW.CDC.GOV/CORONAVIRUS/2019-NCOV/INDEX.HTML
· CDC WEBSITE PREGNANCY FAQS: https://www.cdc.gov/CORONAVIRUS/2019-NCOV/SPECIFIC-GROUPS/PREGNANCY-FAQ.HTML
We will work to provide updates as this situation develops. Thank you for being a loyal Downtown Women OB/Gyn patient.